Sunday, March 18, 2012

Garden-y Goodness

Mike and I worked outside ALL day today. It was great. I cleaned up the front yard and found that my sweetgrass that I planted last summer had spread all over the place, transplanted tulips, pulled up the old castor plant and the sweet annie, and all around made it look a bit more tidy.

And then.



The backyard.



The GARDEN!!!

We planted all sorts of cool weather crops today including baby choi, green and purple cabbage, arugula, mizuna, spinach, scallions, beets, and carrots. Before we did all of that though, we had to do a bit of rearranging and soil tilling.  I purposely left some carrots, kale, and a collard plant in the ground last fall so that they would make seeds for me this spring for the following years planting.  We had to move all of those plants into a new area so that we could till up the soil.  Here is a picture of their new home:
I am so glad we accomplished so much today! My back is definitely feeling it, but it's all worth it. 

One last picture, 'cause this one just has to be seen.  This carrot was by far the biggest, most fat carrot I've ever seen, let alone held. Here it is!

:) Happy gardening! It's spring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment