Thursday, August 2, 2012

around the garden

It rained again this morning, which was just perfect because I am sure there will be more hot weather to come. Not only that, but plants are very, very beautiful with raindrops on them. I did a little garden tour this morning and gathered jalapeno and cayenne peppers, cucumbers, green beans, and a crown of heirloom Italian broccoli.  It is beyond satisfying to grow your own food.  If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it!

Here are a few photos of my rainy morning excursion:
tanacetum vulgare

calendula officinalis

artemisia absinthium

mentha piperita (yes, it has recovered!)

nearly ripe brandywine tomatoes

eggplant

butternut squash hiding in the weeds

common blue damselfly

honeybee doing some self-grooming




2 comments:

Karlee Miller said...

I love your garden! Thanks for sharing some of its beauty with us!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Karlee!

Post a Comment