Saturday, September 29, 2012

of new (to me) crafts and old

Things have been changing around here, and I am blaming it on the cool and wondrous autumn air. A fellow spinner from the group I meet with had 10 floor looms that she had to get rid of, and well, I happened to drop by (heh, as in drive 45 minutes out of my way) and pick one up.  Another spinner friend was there to pick up a loom for herself and since she was brilliant enough to have brought a small trailer to bring hers home in, we were fortunate enough to have her and her family kindly take ours home as well.

36 inches of pure Leesburg Loom with more tricky heddles and names for all of the parts than I can currently remember:

In addition to the loom, I also purchased a new spinning wheel.  I've had my eye on a Saxony style wheel for a long time now, and I decided that I would sell an item of mine to have money for the purchase of a new one.  



weaving reading materials

etsy items ... slowly, my shop is getting bigger!

hat pattern plans

There is so much to do, and so little time! I am thankful for the time I do have and also for the cooler weather which makes staying inside and crafting that much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Annie said...

How very exciting to have a new loom and wheel! The spinning wheel looks a lot like my mom's--they are so beautiful, aren't they? I love your hats and mits--just lovely. Exciting to be stocking up your etsy store!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Annie. Yes, they are just gorgeous! I always see amazing wheels at antique stores, but sadly, they never work.

Post a Comment