Friday, April 13, 2012

Days 4-5 on GAPS intro (stage 2 and transitioning to 3)

Whew! I'll be honest here. I've never been so tired of eating soup and meat! We made a chicken casserole (recipe in Gut and Psychology Syndrome book) which was amazing. The meat was so moist and unlike eating boiled meat! We introduced a little yogurt yesterday, which was also heavenly. I never knew how much I liked yogurt until it got removed from my diet and then reintroduced! We also each ate half of an avocado last night, which was a real treat.

This morning went well, so we decided to have some scrambled eggs added to our list of things we could eat. I had two eggs scrambled in about a tablespoon of ghee, 1/4 c. of yogurt, and 1/2 an avocado in addition to a bowl of soup and a spoonful of sauerkraut for breakfast. The rest of the day will follow as usual with raw egg yolks in my soup, sauerkraut, a little leftover chicken casserole, and some tea. Tomorrow (day 6) I am going to introduce the squash/nut butter pancakes that we're allowed on stage 3.

I should mention here also that we've been doing castor oil hot packs every night since the beginning of this to help ease constipation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment