Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Transitioning to Stage 2 of GAPS intro (day 3)

We're working on weaning our way out of stage one and introducing new foods to keep the process moving along.  We haven't had any set backs thus far aside from light constipation, so we decided to slowly transition into stage two.

In addition to our perpetual soup, we also had 1 raw egg yolk, 1/2 Tbsp sauerkraut (I am hoping that a little roughage will help with the constipation), and 1/2 tsp ghee. We did the sensitivity test last night for ghee and woke up with no reactions, so it was a go.

We're hoping to introduce fresh herbs, more raw egg yolks, and Swedish gravlax tomorrow.  If our bodies allow it, we'll then officially be on stage 2! Yippee! I've been having some pretty intense cravings for sweets today -- it's those damned pathogenic bacteria begging for one last bite before they kick the bucket! I'm stronger than they are, though, so I'm sticking to my guns and only eating what I'm allowed. I'll tell you, it takes some WILLPOWER when you've got those cravings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment